Beckie over at Beckie’s Mental Mess does a “Working On Us” Series that is wonderful. Please be sure to visit her blog, you’ll be surprised at how many wonderful things you will find!
Below are her questions for this particular post. I don’t know if I have all the “rules” right or if I will be able to answer all of them, but I’ll try.
- Write about a favorite holiday memory? One that is bittersweet. I was just a little kid, 4 or 5 years old. We were in dire straights. My mom, step-dad my three brothers and myself, were all staying in this one room hotel room. I only remember one bed. I had a pallet on the floor next to my baby brother. My mother, with tears in her eyes, sat me down to tell me that there was no Santa Claus. I remember telling my mom that it was ok, trying to comfort her. Later on we all went to dinner at a local church, I believe. When we came back to the hotel room later that night, in the room were gifts for me and my brothers! We were thrilled! My mom was in tears again. This time from joy. I remember telling my mom “See Mom, there IS a Santa Claus!” Years later I learned that the local church put the gifts in our room. Sweet, happy and sad memory.
- What was one of the funniest things that took place during the holiday season? Sorry, no answer here. I guess we weren’t a funny family.
- Share with us, your favorite holiday movie? Hands down, “It’s a Wonderful Life”. It is a MUST SEE every year.
- Share with us, your favorite holiday song? It used to be “Silver Bells” but now I think it’s “Mary Did You Know?” Beautiful!
- Share with us, a funny holiday meme?
- What was the funniest gift you ever received? A pair of colorful knee high TOE SOCKS from one of my brothers’!
So be sure to head over to Beckie’s blog to check out the other posts and spend some time while you’re there. Beckie’s blog is full of fun things and delightful surprises!
Copyright (C) 2019 Penny Wilson