REBLOG: It’s nice to see something positive… and funny about the UPS guys that work so hard. 🙂 Enjoy! If you can’t get the video to play go HERE
A heroic UPS driver goes above and beyond the call of duty to get the package to the door.
via Oh, the weather outside is frightful — bluebird of bitterness
Welcome to another Friday Favorite! Each week I will bring to you information on one of my favorite blogs/bloggers. Please be sure to check them out and they might just become a favorite of yours too!
Today’s Friday Favorite is Donna’s blog over at My OBT (One Beautiful Thing). Donna’s blog is always filled with wonders! I don’t how she finds the things that she shares with us. You will be in for a wonderful surprise and discovery every time you visit her blog.
THIS is an example of Glass Art. This is just one of the amazing and wonderful things that Donna finds for us!
THIS ONE is hilarious! It’s Donna’s example of “Etsomnia”. A brief description of “Etsomnia” is not being able to sleep and ordering bad decision based items from Etsy. Donna has done several of these and every one of them has given me quite a giggle.
I love this look at Tiny Doors in the city.
On Donna’s blog, My OBT you will find the funny and fabulous, the weird and hilarious, the enchanting and the outlandish, for our enjoyment.
Donna says that she spends some time every day looking for One Beautiful Thing. What a wonderful thing to do! And Donna does it for us! Be sure to spend some time exploring My OBT. I’ll bet you a nickel that it becomes a favorite of yours too, and not just on Friday!
Copyright (C) 2019 Penny Wilson
Once upon a time,
Can't remember when,
Way back there,
Way back when,
Someone told me something,
Can't remember who,
Can't remember what it was,
But if I ever do,
I'll write it on a thingum
And put it somewhere safe--
I think the little whatsit
Would be the perfect place.
I wouldn't trust the whoozit
With the thingamy because,
I can't remember where it is
Or where it ever was.
My memory is excellent;
It's never failed me yet.
The only things it can't recall
Are things that I forget.
Beckie over at Beckie’s Mental Mess does a “Working On Us” Series that is wonderful. Please be sure to visit her blog, you’ll be surprised at how many wonderful things you will find!
Below are her questions for this particular post. I don’t know if I have all the “rules” right or if I will be able to answer all of them, but I’ll try.
- Write about a favorite holiday memory? One that is bittersweet. I was just a little kid, 4 or 5 years old. We were in dire straights. My mom, step-dad my three brothers and myself, were all staying in this one room hotel room. I only remember one bed. I had a pallet on the floor next to my baby brother. My mother, with tears in her eyes, sat me down to tell me that there was no Santa Claus. I remember telling my mom that it was ok, trying to comfort her. Later on we all went to dinner at a local church, I believe. When we came back to the hotel room later that night, in the room were gifts for me and my brothers! We were thrilled! My mom was in tears again. This time from joy. I remember telling my mom “See Mom, there IS a Santa Claus!” Years later I learned that the local church put the gifts in our room. Sweet, happy and sad memory.
- What was one of the funniest things that took place during the holiday season? Sorry, no answer here. I guess we weren’t a funny family.
- Share with us, your favorite holiday movie? Hands down, “It’s a Wonderful Life”. It is a MUST SEE every year.
- Share with us, your favorite holiday song? It used to be “Silver Bells” but now I think it’s “Mary Did You Know?” Beautiful!
- Share with us, a funny holiday meme?
- What was the funniest gift you ever received? A pair of colorful knee high TOE SOCKS from one of my brothers’!
So be sure to head over to Beckie’s blog to check out the other posts and spend some time while you’re there. Beckie’s blog is full of fun things and delightful surprises!
Copyright (C) 2019 Penny Wilson
Ah, Spam. Yummy and filling, but not always a good thing when it’s cluttering up your mailbox!
I’ve done several posts on humorous spam that I’ve received. Those of you that are new to following me can find some of these HERE, HERE & HERE. Lately, I’ve received very few spam comments. On one hand, this is a good thing. But if you’re trying to write about spam, it doesn’t give you much to work with!
So I’m going to throw this out there to you. Check your spam folder and share with us your most comical spam comment! I’ve had some real winners.
Do you get much spam?
Sweet Miss Beckie over at Beckie’s Mental Mess has tagged me in a fun little game called “3 2 1 Quote Me -Food”. Thank you Beckie!
Above is my first food quote and below is a second.
I’m supposed to nominate 3 blogs to continue the fun. My nominations to continue this are:
Sue Vincent at Sue Vincent’s Daily Echo
Blue Bird Of Bitterness
Rory at A Guy Called Bloke
The only rules are to thank the person that nominated you, post 2 food quotes on your blog and nominate 3 blogs to continue the game. That’s it!!
Of course, you are in no way obligated to participate in this little game. But if you’d like to join in, we look forward to seeing your quotes!
REBLOG: We girls with crazy-curly hair can appreciate Sue’s frustration here. Enjoy! 🙂
I know I shouldn’t go to bed with damp hair, but honestly, at that time of night who wants to faff around with a hairdryer? I had been determined to get a shower after work, one way or the other, dreaming of luxuriant, scented steam. As usual, though, it turned out to be ‘the other’ […]
via Bad hair day… from the archives — Sue Vincent’s Daily Echo
REBLOG: If you’re not familiar with Bluebird of Bitterness’ blog, you should be! Enjoy!
via You have been warned — bluebird of bitterness