:“And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, ‘Fear not:”
“for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.’ And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'”[Linus picks up his blanket and walks back towards Charlie Brown] That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.
*Merry Christmas, all. Thank you for joining me on this journey. ❤ Penny
REBLOG: Be sure to share in this sweet Christmas kindness. ❤
MY DEAREST SECRET ANGEL, Your identity is unknown to me. The single clue inside the legal-sized envelope with no return address shows me you are from the Faribault area. I suspect (hope) you read this blog. Thank you for the cash gift which arrived in my mailbox today. I wasn’t expecting anything for Christmas. […]
Beckie over at Beckie’s Mental Mess does a “Working On Us” Series that is wonderful. Please be sure to visit her blog, you’ll be surprised at how many wonderful things you will find!
Below are her questions for this particular post. I don’t know if I have all the “rules” right or if I will be able to answer all of them, but I’ll try.
- Write about a favorite holiday memory? One that is bittersweet. I was just a little kid, 4 or 5 years old. We were in dire straights. My mom, step-dad my three brothers and myself, were all staying in this one room hotel room. I only remember one bed. I had a pallet on the floor next to my baby brother. My mother, with tears in her eyes, sat me down to tell me that there was no Santa Claus. I remember telling my mom that it was ok, trying to comfort her. Later on we all went to dinner at a local church, I believe. When we came back to the hotel room later that night, in the room were gifts for me and my brothers! We were thrilled! My mom was in tears again. This time from joy. I remember telling my mom “See Mom, there IS a Santa Claus!” Years later I learned that the local church put the gifts in our room. Sweet, happy and sad memory.
- What was one of the funniest things that took place during the holiday season? Sorry, no answer here. I guess we weren’t a funny family.
- Share with us, your favorite holiday movie? Hands down, “It’s a Wonderful Life”. It is a MUST SEE every year.
- Share with us, your favorite holiday song? It used to be “Silver Bells” but now I think it’s “Mary Did You Know?” Beautiful!
- Share with us, a funny holiday meme?
- What was the funniest gift you ever received? A pair of colorful knee high TOE SOCKS from one of my brothers’!
So be sure to head over to Beckie’s blog to check out the other posts and spend some time while you’re there. Beckie’s blog is full of fun things and delightful surprises!
Copyright (C) 2019 Penny Wilson
REBLOG: Please be sure to help Hugh help the fur babies this year! Please head to his site to comment.
The Christmas tree is up, but something is missing. There are no gifts under it, and I need your help to put that right.
For this year’s Christmas charity appeal, I’m asking you to help me raise some money for Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
Since 1860, Battersea has been there for every dog and cat that finds themselves homeless. From the moment they welcomed their first stray dog, they have been placing animals at the centre of everything they do.
More than three million animals later, they’re still working hard to achieve the vision that every dog and cat should live in a home where they are treated with love, care and respect.
They believe that every dog and cat deserves the best. That’s why Battersea Dogs and Cats home have always helped every dog and cat in need.
Clickhereto visit the Battersea Dogs and Cats…
View original post 420 more words
*Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. May you experience the true spirit of Christmas. ❤
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?”
—Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
Writer, Cartoonist, Animator
Awesome Christmas gifts for writers! Meg’s got it figured out!
Writers would love these things. It’s not too late!
Please enjoy Mitch’s amazing, brief piece. ❤
2,000 years ago our planet was invaded by a Being of inconceivable power. His spaceship: the womb of a Jewish teenager. His weapon: a form of love more powerful than all the atomic bombs, or lasers or phasers that will ever be built. Resistance is (possible but) futile because to be assimilated is simply to […]