I have had a terrible itch to write the past few days but nothing came. So I tried something different. I Googled "Writing Prompts for Poems" and came up with tons of ideas. So I browsed the prompts and wrote down the words or phrases that I liked: Standing in line The sound of silence Overgrown Trust issues Locked in a jar On shaky ground Life-as planned Dear Reader Some things are meant to be Strangest dreams From these words, I came up with the poem below. I call it "Some Things Are Meant To Be". Not my best work, and I didn't use everything, but I like the way it turned out. See what you think. :) Dear reader some things are meant to be The sound of silence overgrown under the lid of this jar I've got trust issues and stand on shaky ground giving me the strangest dreams Life- not as planned but some things are meant to be Copyright (C) 2020 Penny Wilson So what tricks do you use to get your self inspired to write?
I put myself on a 30 day challenge to do a Post A Day, for 30 days. I succeeded! THIS is post #30. I’m proud of sticking with it and accomplishing it. I’ve learned a few things along the way of my little challenge and thought that I would share what I’ve learned with you.
This is a follow up to my last post. It’s not that I’m not writing. I am! It’s just that what I’m writing is crap! I get this great inspiration to start something, I go at it and then… I fizzle out.
Here’s what I’ve got going:
- A short story about a limo driver that drives for a Mafia boss. He falls in love with the boss’s wife and begins an affair.
2. A post about my many name changes. – Kind of a follow up to me changing the name of my blog.
3. A post about Introverts and how the word “Introvert” is misinterpreted.
4. “No good deed goes unpunished.” A short story about good intentions that go wrong.
5. A prompt I saw-“a 60 year old photo”.
6. Another prompt I saw-“someone that should be in jail”.
All of these things are in various stages of draft. So I AM writing. Each one of these things have the potential to be good, but I’ve run into problems with every stinkin’ one of them!
I’ve never had this happen to me before. Yes, once on a while something I start doesn’t work out. But this is just crazy!