I’ve been blogging off and on for about 5 years. During that time, I did not take advantage of the amazing community that WordPress has become to me until this past year. Don’t make the same mistake. I would like to share some of what I’ve learned with you. If you would like to expand your readership or enhance your WordPress experience, these points might be helpful. I do not claim to be any kind of expert. I just want to share my experience and possibly spare you some of the mistakes I’ve made.
- SHARE–The biggest lesson I’ve learned here is to share your knowledge. It will come back to you 10-fold. The bloggers on WordPress are incredibly generous with their knowledge. You should be just as generous.
- GIVE CREDIT–Be sure to give credit where credit is due. If you are copying an idea or using a photo, give credit to that person. They deserve it for their hard work!
- CONNECT–Step out and connect with other bloggers. As you develop relationships with these people, you will learn from them.
- ASK QUESTIONS–If you have questions about blogging or writing, ASK! If your recipe for bread dough is falling flat and you want help, ASK! Your fellow bloggers are more than willing to help!
- DO THE WORK–Your blog will flourish, depending on the amount of work you are willing to put into it. This is a mistake I made for a long time. Not only do you need to write and post here, but get around to other blogs. Read, comment, follow!
- SPREAD THE JOY–If you see a post that makes you laugh, or expands your knowledge, tell that person. Leave a comment! Reblog! It’s important!
- USE WORDPRESS–Wordpress has a ton of tutorials. There are also awesome WordPress blogs that will give you ongoing information if you follow them. Take advantage of this free information. WordPress wants to help you!
- BE ACTIVE–Be sure to respond to comments. Visit other’s blogs. Read, follow and comment.
- BE THANKFUL–Be gracious. Thank those that help you. Return the favor. Spread the love!
- BE ACTIVE–This was probably the biggest mistake I made. I do not post on a set-in-stone routine. I try to post a few times a week. If you do not post often enough, people will lose interest.
If you are not following the people on the list below, you should be. This is a PARTIAL list, a sampling, of people that have been here for me, helped me, encouraged me, inspired me and have continued to show their kindness. Have a look at their blogs and remember to share the love. ❤
Books and Bonsai – Anita Dawes and Jaye Marie
*My original version of this post was done in 2017. I thought it was time to repeat it. I hope you enjoyed.
Copyright (C) 2019 Penny Wilson