Do you want to kick start your writing for the new year? We all need a nudge once in a while. Here’s my idea of that nudge. Please join me in this fun challenge. I am challenging myself, and you, to write a number of posts in the month of January.
YOU name the Number of Posts!
My number is 22. Why? There are 22 workdays in January. I’m taking the weekends off to catch my breath, or catch up! I am going to write a post each of those workdays, for a total of 22 posts. (I will sometimes use the weekends to get a post or two ahead so that I’m not under the gun every day)
22 is my number. What’s yours?
Day One of this Challenge is Monday, January 2nd.
If you would like to join me in this challenge, here are the “rules”.
- Your post can be in any form you wish. Essay, photo, short story (500 words max, please) poetry, etc.
- Please keep the content of your post fairly family friendly. G or PG rated, please.
- Your post can be on any subject you wish.
- Name your Number! Challenge yourself! What number of posts do you aspire to?
- Please create a pingback from your post to this one and use the tag “Name Your Number Writing Challenge” so we can find you. If you do not know how to create a pingback, Hugh has an excellent tutorial HERE. OR you can leave a link to your post in the comments below. I moderate the comments on my blog, so you may not see your comment right away.
- One real “rule” here. No copies of your past posts or reblogs of others’ posts. This challenge is to get your writing juices flowing. So new work only!
- *Due to the time differences, etc. some posts may overflow into the weekend or the following day. I’m quite flexible on the times, etc.
I will do a Roundup of all the posts we have all done for the week on Sunday. This is my first time to host a writing challenge, so there will be a learning curve! Be gentle with me!
So are you ready to challenge yourself? Please join me!!
Copyright 2022 Penny Wilson