I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! I would like to thank Nicolle at Stories of a Highly Sensitive Introvertfor the nomination! By now, most of you know how these things work. But for those that don’t, these are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display award.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are Nicolle’s 11 questions and my answers:
- What is your favorite memory?
Probably the sweetest, most loving memory I have is of me as a little girl. I was probably 5 or 6 years old. I had my head on my mother’s lap and she is lovingly stroking my hair. I was happy, secure and loved. (a child’s version of heaven!)
2. What is one thing you regret, and if you could go back what would you do differently?
I would have stayed in school instead of dropping out.
3. What are your goals at the moment?
To finish the first draft of my novel!
4. How are you feeling right now?
5. What did you have for dinner today?
I had leftover Hamburger Helper.
6. When was the last time you cried, and why?
I cried the last time I watched an episode of This Is Us. Damn! That show makes me cry Every Time!
7. The funniest joke you heard?
I really can’t think of a funny joke. I don’t remember jokes for some reason. But the funniest video I’ve ever seen is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XFBUM8dMqw It’s the video of a cop behind the wheel with a Dash cam recording him.
8. Do you have any pets?
Yes! I have a sweet little dog named Rocket!
9. Your favorite song?
An old song. “I Can See Clearly Now” It’s such a Happy song!
10. Who inspires you the most?
Probably the biggest, most consistent inspiration in my life has been my BFF, Denise. She has a Huge heart and has had many adversities in her life to overcome. Yet, she remains strong and positive. She has always been my biggest cheerleader.
11. What are your hobbies?
I crochet and dabble in various craft projects.
11 Random Facts About Me: 11? Really? 🙂 That’s a lot!
- I wanted to be a boy SO bad when I was a little kid. My mom told me that if I could kiss my elbow I would magically turn into a boy! Ever try to kiss your elbow? I spent a lot of time trying!
- I don’t like tomatoes or strawberries! I know, so weird, right?
- My nickname for a while was “6 Cents”. Try to figure THAT out! 🙂
- I dropped out of school when I was 16.
- Coffee addict!
- I’ve been writing stories and poems since I was in grade school, but never took writing seriously until about 5 or 6 years ago. Now it’s a passion!
- For YEARS, I SERIOUSLY wanted to own one of the Big Cats. My favorite, a cougar. I researched it and dreamed of it obsessively. Now, there’s no way. Imaging the litter box! 🙂
- I smoked cigarettes for years and finally quit. When I was finally able to quit, I was smoking more than 2 packs a day. ewwww! Right?
- I learned to sew on a treadle sewing machine and could sew before I ever took homemaking in school.
- A family story… I don’t know if it’s true. I was told that I learned my ABC’s and learned to read from the back of a Prince Albert tobacco can. (there used to be a story on the back) I could read well before I ever started school. (thank you mom!)
- I bit my nails until I was 20 years old. Ewwww, again. Right? 🙂
I sort of ran out of steam there at the last. You could probably tell. 🙂
11 questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite meal?
- Grey or Gray?
- What is your favorite time of year and why?
- If you could go back in time, what would you change?
- Name your favorite book.
- Name 3 of your favorite blogs/bloggers and why.
- What made you start a blog?
- If you had to save One personal item from a fire, what would it be?
- Who has been the biggest, most positive influence in life?
- When you read, what genre do you most often read?
- If you could be an animal, what animal would it be and why?
*** If you do not wish to participate, that’s fine! This is just a way for me to say that I appreciate you and your blog and the effort you put in here!
Copyright (C) 2017 Penny Wilson