Zombie Apocalypse

I’m somewhat of a “prepper”.  Most of you will understand what I mean by that.  For those of you that don’t, a prepper is someone who prepares for a disaster.

I don’t go to extremes, but I see nothing wrong with being a good Girl Scout or Boy Scout and preparing yourself for an emergency.

I’ve mentioned this to people in the past and they scoff.  I don’t understand this.  What’s wrong with having a flashlight and batteries on hand or an extra can of beans and some water?

People that refuse to have even just the bare essentials in preparation of an emergency just baffle me.

I know there are people that go to extreme.  I like to think I fall in the middle somewhere.

What’s your take on this?  Are you a “Prepper”?

I am a freelance writer that writes in several genres. I've had a successful blog with a growing and loyal following for more than 5 years. I've written articles for Counseling Directory .org, Introvert Dear .com and WOW Women on Writing. I'm currently working on my first novel. You can find more of my writings on my blog at: https://pennywilsonwrites.com/ and follow me on Twitter @pennywilson123.
This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Zombie Apocalypse

1. Jason Smith says:

Better safe than sorry is my motto. Great article !!!

2. preppertips says:

Learning some basic survival skills can also prove quite beneficial.

3. Great to be prepared I’m not sure you can ever really be prepared though

4. I think everyone needs a zombie apocalypse plan! My friends and I have discussed ours in detail for years! If the apocalypse comes, we know where we’re headed! 😊

5. notdonner says:

There will never be scurvy for anyone on my block in the collapse of civilization. We have fruit trees

6. allysoally says:

Yes, I think we should have a flashlight and some provisions on hand at all times. We had a raging fire come very near to us recently, and we were under threat of evacuation. We never expected it to get so close, but it made us think that we should be prepared for anything.

7. I have a seven foot sword on my mantlepiece for just such an occasion 😉

8. nothing extreme – just some essentials – having traveled extensively during my business years, I got in the habit of always having a packed overnight bag at the ready – still do – because I’m rural now, I keep ready an extensive first aid kit, a batteried weather band radio, etc.

9. I think I take prepping to a bit of an extreme, Penny. I like to have extra stuff in case of an emergency and always have a spare of everything.

10. When I was younger my dad continuously “nagged” me to death about being prepared for weather situations, car woes, etc. Now I’m the “nagging” mom with my girls. It just makes good sense!!

11. reshaels says:

I have a cupboard full of stuff, I don’t think it has anything to do with emergencies haha! I just like to stock up 🙂 But I’m glad I do!

• It’s a good idea. I have a bit more than the basics on hand too. Flashlights & batteries are always a good idea. And Water!! So important!
      Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the follow!

12. trentpmcd says:

I know where the flashlights are and have some food, but I would be zombie food within a week or two.

13. I love this Penny! I am one of those ‘be prepared’ people too. We could probably eat for a year (if we had to) with the goods in my pantry. I was born and raised in Houston Texas, and losing power was not uncommon, not to mention when the hurricanes hit, so grew up with that mindset. Love the sign.

14. Just the other evening while my region was under a severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch and the lights flickered as lightning flashed, I suggested to the husband that he secure flashlights “just in case.” He had to head out to the garage for two. I guess that makes us mostly unprepared.

Thanks for sharing that sign image. That’s a pretty crazy message.